So, it’s the year of 2018 and already we’re dubbing it the year of love!
That’s right, our hearts have been skipping a beat, and it’s not just ‘coz it’s Valentines Month. It’s because this has been our busiest engagement season to date! And word on the street - we’re not the only ones.
We already know that the Sunshine Coast has more weddings per capita than anywhere else in Australia. And with wedding suppliers across the region being swamped with enquiries, it looks like Noosa is fighting for top spot as Australia’s best Wedding destination of 2018.
So why, you might ask, is everyone crushing on Noosa as their top wedding destination?
Well here’s our top 5 reasons...
1. In January, same-sex marriage was finally made LEGAL in Australia. Woohoo! #loveislove and we can’t wait to see gay men and women all over Australia legally marry the love of their lives.
And since Noosa is already a popular holiday destination for same-sex couples - we have no doubt it’s also gonna be a first choice destination for tying the knot. Yesss!
2. This may or may not come as a surprise to you - but it’s not just the Sunshine Coast locals crushing on Noosa. Already, 75% of our weddings are from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and interstate couples. (Because, if we haven’t already mentioned, Noosa’s perfect for a destination wedding!)
And so word is getting out there: Not only will your friends and family get a holiday in an enviable part of the world but you'll be able to extend your wedding to a full 3 day fun extravaganza (like we need an excuse??) Also as a newly wed couple in Noosa, you can easily kick on to your honeymoon with HEAPS of amazing locations to choose from. (Hello Sunshine Coast Airport!) Bring. It. On.
3. It’s true, we have the best weather in Australia. And in the past, couples have generally favoured Spring & Autumn months to get married. But it looks like Noosa’s best kept secret is out...winter on the Sunshine Coast is simply spectacular!! (If you’re wondering why, read our tips on the best time to get married here.)
4. No matter what time of year you decide to marry, out-of-towners are also starting to realise the abundant and beautiful choices of outdoor ceremony locations here in Noosa and its surrounds. (So many to choose from that we even dedicated an entire article to it. Read about our favourite Noosa outdoor ceremony locations here.)
What makes our wedding locations so special? The varied landscape might have something to do with it! We have so many dreamy beach locations, lush parks and river views. There are also many private properties to choose from plus the Noosa Hinterland (Enough said.) And you can’t overlook the nearby and stunning Maleny area.
If you want a Beach wedding? We’ve got it. Rustic Country Wedding? No problems. Glamour, boho, marquee or epic tipi wedding? Easy! Noosa and the Sunshine Coast really have it all!
5. And last but not least, with the Sunshine Coast becoming more and more popular for a destination wedding, we’re seeing new and exciting indoor and outdoor wedding venues popping up in Noosa and its surrounds. Our venues are top class and can cater any type of event from cocktail to super formal.
We also have incredible waterfront venues and surf clubs right along the coastline. Our surf clubs are especially world class and along with giving you an affordable but luxurious place to hold an event - the views are killer!
There we have it! With brides and grooms across Australia looking to the Sunshine Coast as their top wedding destination, we’ve clearly got them covered.
Noosa really does boast some of Australia’s best hotels and resorts; renowned food and restaurants; a full host of talented suppliers and photographers; and without a doubt a warm and friendly community, who can’t wait to welcome gay couples and straight couples to celebrate their love!
If you’re looking for further inspo or some more information on our services, feel free to visit our website gallery and Instagram - or just request an info pack. We’d love to chat more about planning your dream wedding in Noosa.