Your wedding day is a celebration of love and commitment, a truly magical time in your lives. While planning a Wedding can be exciting, it often requires a significant amount of time and organization, sometimes stretching several months leading up to the big day. The solution? Hire a professional wedding stylist. They not only create a memorable experience but also bring your vision to life.
Here are the top reasons to consider hiring a wedding stylist:
1. Styling Ideas
A wedding stylist takes your ideas and transforms them into a beautiful setting that reflects your unique style, personality, and vision. They discuss fresh and unique ideas, incorporating your favorites into the styling. They can even source or create items to add that extra special touch to your big day.
2. Choosing a Theme
Selecting a concept or theme for your wedding can be overwhelming. A wedding stylist helps you discover the core idea that ties everything together. With their guidance, the style or theme of your wedding becomes clear.
3. Save Time
Organising a wedding takes a lot of time, from creating the initial design concept to liaising with suppliers, vendors and venues, not forgetting all of the little details that culminate in the perfect wedding day. All of this can be very time consuming to couples who are quite often surprised at all of the work that goes on behind the scenes. Some couples may allocate responsibilities to their family members or friends to save money but that also means not everyone will be able to enjoy and experience your special day to the fullest.
4. Experience Matters
Your wedding stylist should be an experienced professional with countless of weddings under their belt. At Splash Events, this is not a part-time job for us, this is our LIFE! We live and breathe events and we’re constantly sourcing new décor and creating fresh designs. Not only that, if something goes wrong on your wedding day (and quite often it does) we always have a quick solution that will put everything right.
5. On the Day Support
A wedding stylist ensures that all your details are organised and executed flawlessly. They handle the setup, and once the celebrations are over, they pack everything up, leaving you free to enjoy your special day. All you have to do is relax and get ready, while Splash Events do their thing.
6. Local and venue knowledge
Every venue has different rules and regulations of what can and can’t be done, when and how. We are familiar with the best venues on the Sunshine Coast and can give you the benefit of our experience. We can suggest items that will work in the space, even highlight certain features and suggest extra lighting or elements that might be needed to really make your theme work.
7. Access to the best vendors
It’s important that you trust your suppliers so you can truly relax on your Wedding day. With years of experience in the wedding & event industry, we know who will be the best vendor to achieve the requested design within your budget.
Contrary to the belief that hiring a stylist is a luxury, it often outweighs the time and money saved by DIY efforts. Renting decor is often more cost-effective than buying items in bulk and then attempting to resell them.
Now, if you’re considering hiring a wedding stylist, here’s what you should do:
WHEN SHOULD YOU HIRE A WEDDING STYLIST?
If you are stuck for ideas for your wedding day, have too many or don’t know where to start, a wedding stylist can be your saviour. Your stylist will help you to pull all of your ideas together and create a cohesive and beautiful theme for your big day.
Even though we can help you at any stage of your wedding plans, it is always best to hire a stylist at the very beginning, so that you have a clear direction right from the start.
IS IT CHEAPER TO DIY?
Depending on the size of your wedding, it’s often the case that the benefits of DIY will be outweighed by the time and money savings associated with engaging an experienced stylist in the early stages of your planning.
Cost might be an obvious reason for going down the DIY path, but it’s important to look at the pros and cons, and whether you will realistically have the time to nail it.
Hiring decor is also often cheaper than buying items in bulk and then having to try and re-sell them after your event.
Creating a beautiful wedding within a limited budget is one of the tricks of the trade and an experienced stylist will know just how to get the most out of your budget without compromising on style.
Having said all of that, if you are set on a DIY wedding, it’s important to ensure that you are super organised, know exactly what you want, and have sufficient time to pull it all together.
HOW MUCH DOES A WEDDING STYLIST COST?
At Splash Events our showroom consultations are complimentary with your personal stylist. Generally, our custom wedding designs can range anywhere between the minimum spend of $1,000 up to $15,000 plus depending on the size of your wedding, the style you choose, how much you hire, location and staff required. Each wedding will be tailored made to suit your budget.
We also have other options including ceremony and reception packages at selected venues or a DIY Hire option. With a huge warehouse full of our own decor, furniture and props that we update frequently we can help keep the cost of your wedding down even further.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Select your venue: Whilst we can help you select the right venue for your wedding. Prior to your styling consultation it’s important you have secured your location for your ceremony or reception, so that we know what space we are styling for.
- Set your budget: If you have a very limited budget, we can suggest alternate elements that might fall closer to your price point without sacrificing the overall look and feel of your wedding. Since we know the wedding market very well and have an extensive range of decor, we can design out-of-the-box ideas to customise and tailor a look that suits your budget.
- Discussions: Depending on the service you have booked with us, we will make an appointment with you to visit our designer showroom that is filled with set ups and décor to inspire you!
- Quote & proposal: Following your consultation, we will put together a visual proposal, so that you have a very clear understanding of the style and design for your wedding, as well as providing a breakdown of costs. When you have accepted the initial concept design and quote, we will work with you to fine tune your design prior to your wedding day.
- On the day: All you have to do is relax on your wedding day, while Splash Events organises everything else. Like invisible ninjas we will set up all of the décor for your ceremony and reception to perfection, giving you a jaw-dropping WOW factor when you walk in. At the end of the day, our team will sneak in and clean it all up for you!
With more than 30 years’ combined experience in designing and decorating weddings, at Splash Events we know how to give our clients the wedding of their dreams. See our Wedding Styling Services, download our info pack or get in touch with one of our experienced stylists.